Tuesday 27 February 2018

1001 Things to do in Waterproofs

I kinda like the idea that some biker somewhere would have taken the trouble to write a book about things one can do in your waterproofs. If they have though, Google hasn't found it yet. Such a book might be useful, as I look to plan what Grizzly and I can do, when we're not watching practice or the races.

The schedule for the event is below.

Tuesday 15th May      Practice                                  9.15am – 3.00pm
Thursday 17th May    Practice                                   9.15am – 3.00pm
Thursday 17th May    Evening Racing                       5.00pm – 9.00pm
Saturday 19th May     Race Day                                9.15am – 7.00pm

We arrive on the Sunday, 13th, probably fairly late in the afternoon, so I expect all we'll be doing then, is finding somewhere to eat and sink a few pints. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, we're going to need something to keep us busy. If we're lucky, the weather will be fine and we can ride out somewhere but where?

We've been round these parts before, when we stayed in Balintoy back in 2012, see http://wildhogsuk.blogspot.co.uk/, so we've done the Giant's Causeway and the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge. No need to do them again. I'd love to ride that Antrim coastal road again though, so that might account for one half day. The others I'm still thinking about. I'm a Game of Thrones fan, so maybe a trip to some of the film sites could be in order. Not sure Grizzly will be up for that, though he's usually happy just to get his leg over! There's the Bushmills Distillery I suppose but we did the Ben Nevis one back in 2012 too, so do we really want to do another? I'll have to get my finger out though and come up with some ideas, as it's not much more than 10 weeks away.

Aside from the  'rest' days, I also need to give thought to what we'll do on the practice and race days, i.e. where we will view the action from. Saturday, main race day, is sorted. I've bought us 2 seats in the Grandstand but for the other days, I've not really given it much thought. The website gives all the information on places to watch from, so I'll just have to pick one or two with facilities and work out how we get there. I'd love to watch from alongside one of the fast straights, just to get the rush, as the bikes flash by, side by side, at over 200mph.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say at the moment. I'll be back when I have more pieces of the jigsaw in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment